The FIREFX RIMP is a self-configuring, fully automated media import system based on award-winning open source software packages. It utilizes MakeMKV software to import backup copies of optical media to the HUB where it is automatically renamed and moved to the proper folder.
- CD Ripping: automatically ripping, tagging, and getting cover art for CD’s you put into your optical drive. Audio disks are automatically stored in the HUBmusic folder of your HUB which can be used by your music system.
- DVD/BluRay Movie Backup: will also automatically back up DVD and Blu-ray movies thanks to the wonderful open source software MakeMKV. All copies will be true bit-for–bit backups. (Requires 3rd party license activation)
- Automated Setup: Simply connect the RIMP to the network your HUB is on and power it up. The patent-pending FIREFX self-configuration technology does the rest! When it has fully booted up, start feeding it disks!
- Automated ripping and renaming logic: The RIMP is optimized to intelligently select only the best track from the disk to back up, disregarding all others. This allows the RIMP to act as a good steward of storage space on the HUB.
- Web GUI: The RIMP utilizes the VortexBox web GUI to allow management and any third party license registration. Navigate to http://rimp to use the web GUI once the RIMP is installed.
- Rack Mount “R” Series
- Dimensions: 14″ (D) x 19″ (W) x 1.7″ (H)
- Web GUI interface
- Onboard Gigabit Ethernet LAN.
- 250 GB local HDD
- ECO friendly Next-Generation 2-Core 3.00 GHz — 3MB Cache, 2 CPU Threads — Intel Pentium G2030 architecture
- 2 GB RAM
- Linux Operating System
RIMP comes with English, French and Chinese languages built in but can successfully support many different languages in its web interface utilizing Google Chrome along with the translate page plugin.
R Series Media System
The FIRE-FX Core Team and Channel Partners are a dedicated group of developers, designers, administrators, managers, and support team members who have worked together to create the FIRE-FX Media System. At a very affordable point of entry, the system integrator will deliver an outstanding experience while leveraging existing control systems installed in their client’s home. With the FIRE-FX RPLAY, gone are the “clunky” user interface and frequent buggy system reboots and service calls to repair unreliable media players based on outdated technology.
The FIRE-FX media system consists of the RPLAY; a class-leading, state of the art HD media player, built from the ground up with superior engineering qualities, pioneering design, aesthetic appeal, end user value, and an exceptional set of features. This wickedly fast media player is combined with the RHUB; a RAID protected smart storage device that not only automates system setup and stores the user’s media, but also allows the user to access it in a variety of ways that gives them the freedom to enjoy it anytime and anywhere.