ITALIAN TRADITIONAL CULTURE
Sonus faber always found its inspiration in the highest Italian culture. This time we entrusted the history of our Literature for representing the new Sonetto Collection.
The Sonetto (Sonnet) is the most ancient Italian Poetic structure. Originally it meant “Sound, Melody“and was traditionally used to accompany music performances. The first step in the Sonus faber world brings the name of the foundations of Literature history in Italy and in the rest of the world.
A VERSATILE COLLECTION
Compared to the existing catalogue, the new Sonus faber Sonetto looks at higher ranges’ models for many iconic elements. For this reason, Sonetto collection is a “democratic” range of loudspeaker systems because it aims to the highest quality in music reproduction within a cost conscious package. The collection features eight models: Sonetto VIII, Sonetto V and Sonetto III, the floor-standing loudspeakers, Sonetto II and Sonetto I bookshelf loudspeakers, Sonetto Center II and Sonetto Center I, center channel speaker options, and the versatile Sonetto Wall, an on-wall speaker which can be used as a main stereo, multichannel surround or LCR solution.
Technische Daten Sonetto Wall
- LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM: 2-way on-wall speaker. Passive radiator design.
- TWEETER: 29mm high definition DAD driver. DKM dome diaphragm. Neo Magnet system. Visco-elastically baffle decoupling. Sonus faber design.
- MIDWOOFER: 150mm cone driver. Ultra-free compression basket. Special custom diaphragm is made with a real time air dried non pressed blend of traditional cellulose pulp and other natural fibers, developed according to the most natural sound. Ultra-dynamic performance and high linearity. Sonus faber design.
- CROSSOVER: Anti-resonant design, optimized amplitude/ phase response for optimal space/time performance. “Paracross topology”. Crossover frequency: 3800 Hz.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 60 Hz -25.000 Hz
- SENSITIVITY (2.83V/1M): 89dB SPL
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm
- SUGGESTED AMPLIFIER POWER OUTPUT: 30W – 150W without clipping
- LONG-TERM MAX INPUT VOLTAGE (IEC-268-5): 20V rms
- TOTAL DIMENSIONS (HXWXD): 500x291x163 mm
- WEIGHT (KG): 4,8
Sonetto VIII is the most powerful 3-way speaker of the Sonetto collection with three 180mm woofers for the best reproduction of lower frequencies and high-end standards. We have designed a speaker that completely represents our roots. The entire collection is a true Sonus faber that features all the iconic elements of the brand: natural sound, natural materials, the Lute shape, the excellent finishes typical of Italian craftsmanship, and manufacturing done completely in our factory in Vicenza.